|Photo by Hugo Becker of BMWBLOG|
|With the range extender - pretty tight!|
|Without the range extender|
There are three trim levels that can be ordered. They are named Mega World (the standard trim level) with Giga World and Tera World available as options and here is what each consists of: (US pricing for options has not been announced)
Mega World ($41,350; $45,200 w/REx)
- BMW Navigation
- BMW ConnectedDrive with eCall
- BMW i Remote
- Bright, lightweight Sensatec and sustainable cloth made from recycled materials
- Leather trimmed steering wheel
- Grained dash trim
- All Mega World features, plus:
- Interior wrapped in leather and wool cloth
- Universal garage door opener
- Comfort Access
- Satellite radio
- Leather-trimmed steering with contrasting stitching
- All Giga World features, plus:
- Luxurious full leather
- Olive leaf-tanned interior, with textile accents and contrasting stitching
- Anthracite floors mats.
|An i3 in Solar Orange with the optional 20 inch "Double Spoke" wheels|
|The 19 inch "Turbine" wheels|
|Ionic Silver with the 20" wheels|
BMW also released the performance figures. It's important to note that the i3 with the range extender will be slightly slower because it weighs 260 more pounds. Here are the performance figures for the i3 without the REx option:
0-35 mph 3.5 Sec.
0-60 mph 7.0 Sec.
50-75 mph 5.4 Sec.
Top Speed 93 mph (electronically governed)
|Without the need for engine cooling, the i3's "double kidney" grill is solid to improve aerodynamics. The small grill under the license plate provides all the air flow needed for the thermal management system.|